Cherry Creek North holiday happenings bring much appreciated cheer to Denver. The dynamic FREE, OUTDOOR holiday activation, called Winter Wanderland, presents happy holiday happenings now through January 3rd.
Stroll the beautiful sparkling streets of this 16-block neighborhood all dressed up and sparkling for the holidays. Cherry Creek North is home to 260 businesses including some of the City’s best local boutiques, nationally acclaimed brands, chef driven restaurants and distinct luxury hotels.
Cherry Creek North Holiday Happenings:
Light Walk & $1,000 Gift Certificate Giveaway!
When: November 19 to January 3rd | Where: Throughout Cherry Creek North
The Winter Wanderland Light Walk features a canopy of more than a half million twinkling lights dressing hundreds of trees. Eight trees throughout the streets are adorned with vibrant hanging strands of lights choreographed to music during timed shows. We found all 8! Can you?
To make it worth your while, there is a QR code on tent stands near the 8 special trees. Scan the QR code to enter a chance to win a $1,000 gift certificate to a Cherry Creek North store of your choice.
When: November 19 to January 3rd | Where: Gart Plaza (3rd & Milwaukee)
Be sure to wander to Prismatica. Prismatica is a dynamic temporary lighted art installation consisting of 25 towering prisms that rotate at their base and display a kaleidoscope of color. This luminous wonder is presented by Alpine Bank and conceived by RAW Design in collaboration with ATOMIC3 and Quartier des Spectacles Partnership of Canada.
Cherry Creek Holiday Market – Pop Ups, Music & Food
When: November 19 to December 23rd, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday – Wednesday and 10 a.m to 8 p.m. Thursday – Saturday | Where: Fillmore Plaza (Fillmore Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues).
Produced by Fetch, the Cherry Creek Holiday Market offers a wide array of pop up shopping from favorite local makers like Rocky Mountain Posters and The Family Jones Distillery. Local coffee, honey, hand crafted toys, beautifully woven scarves are also among the special things to buy.
Socially distanced live music plays on stage; latkes (potato pancakes) fry on the grill; and festive warm drinks await cups you can carry with you. Although entry is free, reservations are encouraged because market capacity is limited. Make reservations at CherryCreekHolidayMarket.com.
Thursday Night Late Shopping Hours and Fun Freebies
When: December 3rd, 10th and 17th, 5 to 8 p.m. | Where: Throughout Cherry Creek North
Many shops will stay open late on Thursday nights now through Christmas Evening shoppers find unique gifts for everyone on their list and enjoy free treats and giveaways at pop up tents throughout the shopping/arts district.
Some of the free giveaways for the late Thursday shoppers are: individually wrapped cookies, gourmet hot chocolate from Toro Latin Kitchen, hot coffee from ink Coffee, locally made toffee from Enstroms.
Home to some of the most coveted stores nationwide Cherry Creek has home decor highlights like West Elm and CB2 and outdoor clothing and equipment superstars like YETI and The Orvis Company.
Small Business Weekend – Rare Finds & Curated Style
When: November 27-29 | Where: Throughout Cherry Creek North
In a continued effort to support Denver’s small business community in this difficult time, Cherry Creek North is welcoming visitors to support local and independently owned businesses during Small Business Weekend.
Out of the 260 retail and service businesses in Cherry Creek North, about 70 percent are small retail businesses. Many are planning special offers for shoppers throughout the weekend, plus the chance to win prizes valued at more than $400.
Inside Scoop on Local Favorites We Love:
- Revampt -a cool environmentally conscious shop featuring hip, rustic-industrial home furnishings made from recycled materials
- Show of Hands and Artisan Center – two long time Cherry Creek North highlights, selling totally unique gifts made by local artists.
- Denver Darling Perch, and Covered Cherry Creek – Glamming up the west side of third avenue are a few of the best boutiques in Colorado with the absolute cutest dresses, tops, bottoms, jackets, jewelry and purses.
- Max, Garbarini and Mariel’s – Cherry Creek North’s long time fashion treasures with curated pieces from the world’s best designers. Garbarini also carries hand designed jewelry and luxurious cashmere from our absolute favorite Denver designer, Aspen True.
- More for Life – festive holiday windows, extraordinary skin care line and custom blended mineral cosmetics created by Denver makeup guru artist Michael Moore.
- The Vineyard Wine Shop – Denver’s destination for fine wine since 1971.
- Hermitage – Denver’s oldest indie bookstore and the perfect place to find a truly special and rare gifts.
- HW Home – a local furniture and design store showcasing contemporary and eclectic style.
- The Brass Bed Fine Linens & Furnishings – Cherry Creek longtime store where you can get high-end bed linens, towels, furniture, tableware & other home goods & gifts
Community Menorah Lighting
When: December 13th | Gart Plaza (3rd and Milwaukee)
Chabad of Cherry Creek will host a Community Menorah Lighting to celebrate the festival of lights. Along side the magic of the menorah will be hot latkes, donuts and dreidels.
Thank You Sponsors:
Cherry Creek North is doing everything it can to happy up the holidays in a responsible, and socially distant manner. Winter Wanderland holiday happenings map and full details can be found at CherryCreekNorth/Holidays.
Big happy thanks to Cherry Creek North, Fetch Markets and all the community sponsors for helping make the holidays happy: Alpine Bank, JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, Enstroms Candies, ink! Coffee, FirstBank and KOSI 101.1- Denver’s Holiday Station. Happy Holidays to everyone!